Friday, September 16, 2011

Winner, Winner, Chicken Dinner!

Ok yea, that title was super corny.
But in all seriousness, this dinner is a winner, at least in our household.
And it is, in fact, corny!
Another thing that is awesome about being dairy and soy free is that I never feel bogged down after eating. Most of the foods I eat leave me feeling light (Literally, I am way under my pre-pregnancy weight) and healthy.
This meal will fill you up, without weighing you down.

Refreshing Southwest Chicken

Ingredients:

For Chicken:
4 Medium Chicken Breasts
4 tsp Chili Powder
2 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp black ground pepper
3-4 TBSP Extra Virgin Olive Oil

Season chicken with all but EVOO and place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
(I make the salad during this time)
Heat oil in a skillet on medium heat and cook chicken until fully cooked.

For Salad: (I use organic for all of the following, but it isn't required)
2 cans of Corn- drained
3 TBSB Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 Red Bell Pepper, chopped
1/2 Medium Cucumber, peeled and chopped (I quarter it then slice)
1 16 oz can kidney beans, rinsed well
5 TBSP Lime Juice
1/2 tsp Salt
Pepper to taste

Just toss all of the ingredients together. ITS. THAT. EASY.
Put salad on a plate and serve with chicken on top!
YUM!!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home